Monday, April 7, 2014

A Birthday and a Demolition Derby

I am 27.  I don't care who knows, I am not one of those "There is no reason to keep celebrating after 21." type of people.  I am over the top in love with birthdays.  They are full of awesome.  Who doesn't love picking a meal you love, having a cake/cookie/brownie/dessert of your choosing, and having a built in excuse to be lazy just one day and not feel guilty for it.  Besides, if you are too old to celebrate things in life you are too old.

My birthday was the 28th, but we started the celebrations the 27th.  My hubby made me yummy kabobs on the grill, and my mother in law and daughter made me some awesome cupcakes!

On my actual birthday not a lot happened I ordered pizza for my birthday lunch and we drove down to my Mummy's house.

Saturday we left Dravyn with her Grummy and went to Joplin, I got breakfast, got to go shopping, hung out with a friend I hadn't seen for way too long and my husband and I had a nice dinner, and stayed in town for the night.




Sunday we went for a walk at the Wildcat Glades walking trail, and went back for some things we didn't buy the day before, headed back to Mummy's house and hung out with everyone there for awhile and then headed home.  My birthday weekend was exactly how I wanted it and I am so glad I have a hubby who spoils me like he does.



This weekend we decided Friday we would go to the Speedway and watch the Demolition Derby, Figure 8 Racing, and UTV racing.  Dravyn has been begging since last year when we went to the track to go again, so we took her with us per her request.  Not even an hour later she was ready to go home, but we made her stick it out and bought her a toy truck to make up for it.




It was a fun night until the drive home when we hit a deer.  We are all OK and the car didn't get too much damage, so I think it counts as a win for us.  It just turned into a looong night.  I was so tired yesterday my brain was just not with it, and we just spent the day relaxing at home.

I don't really have any plans for this week and I think that is just how I want it.  My goal is to finally finish going through baby girls clothes so we can get all the things she has outgrown to storage, and to try to take a picture every day.  I think I can get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment