Monday, October 21, 2013

The Case of The Missing Campers A.K.A. Halloween Campout 2013

It was a cold and rainy Friday afternoon when we arrived at the campsite.  We helped set up the canopy not a thing went wrong, it definitely didn't take us two tries and a lot of confusion, nope it didn't.  Then we set up our tent and tried to stay dry the rest of the night. We failed.

Fast forward to the next day, that's when I saw it.  An empty ring of chairs, seemingly abandoned mid use.  Where had the campers gone?


I went on a mission to find them, those missing people that surely had a good reason for leaving the warmth of the fire.  Eventually I found them, feeling reassured that I was not alone to fend for myself.

I found them being Superheroes.

 
Helping find firewood to keep us warm.
 
 
Spending time as a tree.
 
 
 
Snuggling with the youngest camper.
 
 
 
And talking with sisters.
 
 
I found the campers playing guitar in the fire light.
 


And being with the ones they love. 


 
 
The case of the missing campers was solved.  None of us froze, we all ate too much, and spent time with people we don't often get to see.  I was glad to spend time there, and am glad to be home to sleep in my warm bed, and to spend time with our puppy dogs.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there. Hannah had a gig at a camp and took all the camp gear (read: I told you that you should get a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and some camp gear but why should you get your own stuff when you can borrow mine) and left me without and so I couldn't go. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were missed, Don!
    Fantastic photography, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete