Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm Doing Alright.

I am not real fond of days like today.  I had a rough day yesterday and I woke up this morning, walked through the living room that was covered in Dravyn's toys to the kitchen where I pulled out a clean pan and started cooking breakfast around all the dirty dishes that were still there from dinner last night.  After we had eaten and my husband was off to work I was sitting on the couch with my daughter watching cartoons and I got to thinking.

That's when the trouble started.

Sometimes I hate my brain.  It always thinks things like "I am such a bad mother.", "I have no idea what I am doing", and the always popular. "I am never going to catch up".  That last one has been popping up my whole life.  I just keep thinking how am I ever going to figure out how to do this mom thing?  Thankfully that was when I remembered yesterday.

We built a bunch of stuff with her toys.  It took a lot of focus for her to build that "ice cream."


Then she wanted story time.  She read a dinosaur book to her baby all snuggled up in her bed.


Yes we probably watched a little too much Scooby-Doo and ate a little too much junk food.  But she had a good day.  She had fun, and we talked about letters and counted some of her building pieces.  And I decided this morning that I'm doing alright.  We are doing good.  And maybe I don't have a plan for the rest of her life, but I do have a plan for tonight.  It's called Macaroni and Cheese and it's a good plan.

1 comment:

  1. The kids that grow up in spotless houses aren't better adults. Crazier, yes. But not better. Mess is proof that life is happening. Carry on. You're doing alright.

    ReplyDelete