Monday, July 2, 2012

Catch Up

I have never been the fastest, smartest, or most well written.  It would be a full time job to follow my train of thoght, it all runs together in this modge podge of half finished thoughs.  And for the last couple of weeks I have sat down to write a post and ended up deleting it over and over, which has led to this blog going in the direction of the piles of laundry waiting to be folded and the mess of toys in the living room floor.  It helps me to sit and write things out, and I have always enjoyed writing, but I lack skill in making what comes out as coordinated and special as it seems it is in my mind as an idea.

I need to play catch up though so here is what I have for now.

We got a dog the 24th.  It was a whole weekend process, but that's a long story, so anyway she is a 6 year old retriever mix we got from Wayside Waifs.  She was called Hilda when she was there but we renamed her Scarlett.  Though she and Rusty had some tiffs in the begining they are getting along really well for the most part now, and she is housebroken which is a nice treat, now if only we could get her to listen and stop chasing the cats we would have it made.

This Saturday night we went to the local fireworks display and Dravyn did so well.  She didn't jump at all with the loud noises and even watched for a little while before loosing intrest.  I don't really blaim her though it was past her bedtime and she just wanted to get down and run around in the field some more but it was too dark for us to see her well enough. She ended up falling asleep in my arms as we were waiting for traffic to clear so we could leave.  It was such a great night for me, I love fireworks and I love baby snuggles from my little one which I don't get many of anymore as she is constantly on the move and not very snuggly when awake and we are having her put herself to sleep these days because she sleeps so much better if she does.

In a week Dravyn will be a year old and the party planning for her party Sat. is going nowhere really.  I think I have everything we need except the things we have to get right before like ice for drinks and to pick up the cakes (we ordered them weeks ago).  But I am getting nervous as I have never thrown a party before, the bridge is out, so that means people have to go the long way around and we have people comming in from out of town that don't know the way, so we have to get directions to everyone, it's running at least 10 degrees hotter than usual for this time of year so I am afraid it is going to be miserable outside, but when I called to try to get in somewhere airconditioned it was taken, and I don't have any activities planned.  I keep telling myself she is going to be the only kid there, and hopefully it will be fine with just the smash cake for her, opening gifts and cake and ice cream for everyone else but my mind keeps popping up mental images of people literally melting while simultaniously saying how bored they are, however I seriously dobt anyone will melt like a crayon no matter how hot it is outside.

Dravyn opening an early birthday gift from her great grandma, I think we should give her some gift opening practice.

Anyway, I think that is all the catching up I have to do, and want to wish everyone a happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment