Monday, October 27, 2014

2014 Family Campout

The 48th Halloween Campout is in the books.  Obviously I haven't been to all of them, I'm only 27 and I have missed some of them for different reasons but I have many many memories from years of campouts.








Most of the time the Halloween Campout is the only time all year I get to see some of my family members.  Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins and their kids, family galore.  Campfires, food, hot chocolate, and a lack of electronics, what's not to love? 

This year we got a little bit of a late start, it had been raining, and it was supposed to rain all day Friday. Combine that with a last minute doctors appointment and we decided to go on Saturday morning.  I look forward to the campout all year and now that I have my own family it's even better.  Dravyn loves every second of it until she gets tired, but to be fair she doesn't like anything when she is tired.  She spent the whole weekend running around and trying to help people with whatever they were doing or just running in circles saying "Look Mommy I've got super speed!" until she crashed and burned.

I am hoping that 52 years from now we will be celebrating 100 years of family campouts and we will still be sitting up half the night laughing and sharing stories around the fire. A big plus will be that by then I will be 79 so even some of the old stories will be new to me. Always look on the sunny side.

No comments:

Post a Comment